From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Grace, Mary Jane
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Tax refunds

Please see 32 VSA 6066a(f)(4).  It calls for a refund.

(4) If the property tax adjustment amount as described in subsection (b) of this section exceeds the property tax, penalties and interest, due for the current and all prior years, the municipality shall refund the excess to the taxpayer, without interest, within 20 days of the first date upon which taxes become due and payable or 20 days after notification…, whichever is later.

Mary Jane Grace, Program Technician

Property Valuation and Review Division

Vermont Dept. of Taxes

802-828-5863