The question still arises regarding "what should happen" with these
certificates. It seems to me we get numerous documents from the State on
all sorts of matters because by Statute all the different departments
are required by statute to send a copy or file with the Town Clerk. If
we don't know what to do with them what good does it do? We should be
provided with information about what we are expected to do with any
documents and what the retention schedule is. Are we supposed to record,
to file (whatever that means), to post, etc. and for how long? And if
something is actually a permanent record shouldn't it be recorded?

Ann F Webster

Middlebury Town Clerk

94 Main Street

Middlebury VT 05753