These are all good questions.  I have sometimes asked Public Records about specific documents that were not on the disposition schedules.  
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ann Webster 
  To: [log in to unmask] 
  Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:45 AM
  Subject: Re: VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Cert

  The question still arises regarding "what should happen" with these certificates. It seems to me we get numerous documents from the State on all sorts of matters because by Statute all the different departments are required by statute to send a copy or file with the Town Clerk. If we don't know what to do with them what good does it do? We should be provided with information about what we are expected to do with any documents and what the retention schedule is. Are we supposed to record, to file (whatever that means), to post, etc. and for how long? And if something is actually a permanent record shouldn't it be recorded? 


  Ann F Webster

  Middlebury Town Clerk

  94 Main Street

  Middlebury VT 05753

  802-388-8100 X211

  802-388-4261 Fax

  Office Hours M-Th 7:30am - 5:30pm

  Closed Fridays




  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Betsy Peacock
  Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:12 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Cert


  I spoke with someone at the State and they told me they were not requiring them to be recorded. You may want to call someone at the state level to verify for your town, but here in Colchester I am not recording them.



    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Annette Cappy 

    To: [log in to unmask] 

    Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:34 PM

    Subject: VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Cert


    Maybe this question has come up before. If so, sorry to repeat it.  


    I have received a VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Certificate. No recording fees accompanied it.  I seem to recall that a few years ago the Residential Certs. were to be recorded, but in searching the statutes can't find anything that currently says either needs to be recorded.  The cert. simply says that the Dept. of Pubic Service and the town clerk "shall be provided" with a copy.


    So, we no longer record? What do we do with them.



    Annette Cappy

    Brattleboro Town Clerk

    [log in to unmask]