These are all good questions.  I have sometimes asked Public Records about specific documents that were not on the disposition schedules.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ann Webster
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:45 AM
  Subject: Re: VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Cert

  The question still arises regarding "what should happen" with these certificates. It seems to me we get numerous documents from the State on all sorts of matters because by Statute all the different departments are required by statute to send a copy or file with the Town Clerk. If we don't know what to do with them what good does it do? We should be provided with information about what we are expected to do with any documents and what the retention schedule is. Are we supposed to record, to file (whatever that means), to post, etc. and for how long? And if something is actually a permanent record shouldn't it be recorded?

  Ann F Webster

  Middlebury Town Clerk

  94 Main Street

  Middlebury VT 05753