I am wondering if anyone is running computer/document camera inputs to the
same LCD projector with the ability to switch between the two at 1024x768
resolution for both.

I am using standard VGA cables between computer, doc cam, and LCD. Hoping to
have source switching done on the camera vs. LCD.

I have tried a couple of document cameras and they all seem to "dumb down"
the computer pass-through resolution to 800x600... Won't pass 1024x768
through to LCD, computer output only shows when reduced to 800x600. The
alternative seems to be running both VGA (from computer) and s-Video (from
doc cam) to the LCD, but S-Video resolution is lowered that way. Two VGA may
be possible, but few projectors seem to have this and we have had issues
with the LCD picking up a second VGA source (InFocus says the doc cams have
a "weak signal").

True: I am working with inexpensive projectors and cameras, but I still feel
this should work!

Suggestions, tips, hints, WELCOME!

Eric Hall
Technology Coordinator
Waterbury/Duxbury Schools
Washington West Supervisory Union
Waterbury, VT
(802) 244-6100

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.