Hi everyone,

Hoping that you've all had enjoyable summers and are now looking forward
to the coming school year.  Ready or not...

Our district has been doing some curriculum work this past year that
involves a number of individuals.   In an effort to work more
effectively, we have been exploring collaborative document sharing for
this and other projects.  As I'm sure you are all too aware, working
with multiple parties and multiple revisions of multiple documents can
be extremely challenging.  We've taken a look at Google Apps, and while
it showed some promise, we have found it to have some significant
shortcomings when it comes to working with Word documents, specifically
those which contain graphics and formatting such as tables and columns.

I am writing to see what others might be using to address their document
sharing needs across a district (think WAN and multiple domains).
Groove and/or SharePoint have been mentioned as possible solutions so
I'm wondering if anyone out there is using them?  Similarly, is there
anything else we should be considering?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

John

John Carolin