Leigh, Leigh, Leigh,
You've gone above and beyond.  I only requested a one liner from you.  We
could have simply laughed that off.  Now, instead,  we have to get into an
actual conversation.

> Say,for example, that 10 Canadians are in line for an echocardiogram. If
> three were permitted to attend a private clinic (and thus leave the line),
> the remaining seven get to move up.  We view that as unfairly "jumping the
> queue if you are rich".

This makes the assumption that the supply of echocardiograms and the folks
that operate them would suddenly increase if there were private clinics,
making it possible for some patients to go private and skip the line.
Without this increase, the lines stay the same length..  Have you any
evidence that supply would increase?

Or if there is no increase, and some suppliers go private, then the line
gets longer for everyone else.  If this is the case, I'd like to know which
segments of the population deserve to cut the line, and which should get the
longer line created by privatization?

> In the US, an equal number of public care opponents don't get that the
> "government controlling health care costs" always means, plain and simple,
> health rationing.

Why?  Can you supply any hard empirical evidence of this?

Can't it be said that the health insurance companies are already rationing,
in the name of profits when they deny a treatment or coverage?

Like it or not, rationing is coming as the baby boom cohort becomes aged -
> demographics dictate that it simply is unsustainable otherwise.

Maybe.  Or maybe the increased demand for doctors will lead to an increased
supply of doctors.  Who is predicting this rationing, and based on what
evidence?

> Me, I'm a proponent of a mixed system borrowing the supposed best of both
> worlds.  That means lucrative private health care enterprise, as well as
> rationing.

Tell us more about what you support. Exactly what kind of rationing do you
propose?