From: roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:36:32 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] OT - HCR

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Geoff Devine <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Medicare is a

pretty broken system.

Can someone explain to me exactly how medicare is a broken system?

I understand that, due to the large amount of retiring baby boomers, funding it needs to be rethought.
On the other hand, since it pays only ~.80 on the dollar, it can be thought of as a bargain(until you realize that the twenty cents  gets paid through private insurance premiums).  As for quality of care, the medicare patient is seeing the same doctor that I am, so that aint' broken.  Without quoting party lines, can someone fill me in on what I'm missing?