Geoff wrote:

>The pay scales for health care in the US are
>far above the world norm.

Certainly true.  Med school should be free and then we could pay the docs
a reasonable salary.  And if I had my druthers, I would ban all drug
advertising from TV.  And I would ban all fast food and alcohol advertising.
And make it easy to go overseas for medical treatment. All great ideas,
but none of these things will happen soon.

>Medicare is a pretty broken system.

Not sure why you would say that.  Medicare certainly pays out a lot less
in overhead costs relative to private insurers.  But all systems fail unless
you can get the care costs under control.

Mig