Maybe I'm misremembering my friend J******* J*****'s account, but he raved about how when he came down with an illness, it didn't matter where he lived, he could walk in to a doctor's office and see someone. I remember him saying that he didn't even need his wallet, but he may have said that he didn't need to have any money in it. Said friend happened to have worked in the U.S. healthcare industry for several years while. His parents were of recent Swiss and English extraction. He's been living in the U.S. for 5 or so years, has lived in Mexico, and thinks our healthcare system is nuts.