On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Christopher Anthony Tucci
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I recently saw this article (http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-328198)
> which details how MIT students built a space camera for $150. They
> used a boost mobile phone which reported it's location via text
> message (sweet! just what we need!)

Bah! I was just about to point to that article for ideas about GPS.
Should've sent the email faster.

> this company (http://www.accutracking.com) provides just what we want, xml
> dumps of locations, battery level and more, for a cool $7.99 a month.

Do we need them? It looks like all they sell is software to run on
phones, plus a service to receive data the phones send in via the
Internet. Can't we write those components ourselves?

Leif