Leif,

Interesting counter-proposal indeed. Yeah, that would make sense. But
that's assuming our server has a number of some sort (and that data
isn't just being sent to an email address). The benefit in the scheme
I was discussing was that all our phones could ultimately use the
unlimited plan.... And the phone with the unlimited plan would
inevitably have the ability to email the results to our server for
free. I doubt it would be a huge latency issue for the additional jump
and all the initial timestamps would still be included in the message.
As long as the messages (with relay) are sent under 10 second
intervals, I don't see an issue. That said, there are plenty of other
schema out there which could end up being cheaper and easier to
implement. For now, I'll take a look at the Tropo blog. Cheers!

Sincerely,
- Michael E. Karpeles

--
UVM ACM Chapter