Howdy hackers,

I'll be around the hacker lab most of the night trying to get a
framework for the project based on Andrew's points.

1. First, I'd like to get a bare-bones web front end (which is easily
parse-able). I'm creating an HG repository in
/home/mek/cssa/projects/CatTrack on .188 aka deadowl. Feel free to
clone.

2. Also, I'll try to get a project wiki page started. Andrew, do you
know anything about Redmine? I was looking through the specs and felt
like it would be a good way for us to keep organized.

3. Professor Bongard suggests that we talk to Sentient (company that
produces sensors to provide health monitoring) for possible funding or
sensor donations.

4. Professor Wu mentioned that we could potentially get funding from
Undergraduate Research Funds. I'll try to meet with him before
drafting the project proposal.

5. Tucci, if you have the time, do you want to do some reading on
satellite based GPS devices and see how much it would cost to get
phones with a reasonable data sending policy? We also need to ensure
that the GPS information is accessible and that text messages have
adequate space to send data... If it can send X,Y coordinates and we
can get timee sent (which I'm assuming would be trivial) we should be
all set.

The faster we can get the OCELOT project finished, the faster we can
configure apache & mysql to have a testable work environment.

I'll send updates as the night goes on. Cheers!

Sincerely,
- Michael E. Karpeles

--
UVM ACM Chapter