Westford pays BCA Members are paid $20/1-6 hrs or $40/6+ hrs at elections,
and $10.00/meeting (grievance appeals, abatement, checklist maintenance,

Non-BCA poll workers are paid $8.00/hr. unless the person is a town
employee, in which case he/she is paid their normal hourly wage



From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Paying BCA members?


Hi all,


I'm interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend
meetings/work at polls/etc.  Barre City currently pays minimum wage for
workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don't pay for attendance at
tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.


Please share with me what your community does.




Carol D


Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

Barre City Hall

6 N. Main St., Suite 6

PO Box 418

Barre, VT  05641

(802) 476-0242

(802) 476-0264 fax