  _____

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Paying BCA members?

Hi all,

I'm interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend
meetings/work at polls/etc.  Barre City currently pays minimum wage for
workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don't pay for attendance at
tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.

Please share with me what your community does.

Thanks,

Carol D

Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer