Here in Groton I put the old forms through the shedder. I do agree the new
forms are too thin.

I had one pastor come in and check on a marriage license as she thought it
was a fake.



Linda L. Nunn, Groton Town Clerk

802-584-3276 Phone / Fax #

[log in to unmask]


Office hours:

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 

8:30 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm

Wednesday & Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm


From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cummings, Patrick
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Message from Rich McCoy at Vermont Department of Health



This is a message for all Town Clerks, Assistant Town Clerks, and other

The Vital Records' Office has become aware that a few towns are still using
the old Marriage Certificate.  The law changed on September 1st, 2009, and
you should destroy the old Marriage License and Certificate forms.  Only use
the new CIVIL MARRIAGE license and certificate.

Please make sure to inform all members of your office team and destroy every
copy of the old forms to ensure that only the new forms are used.  If you
have any questions, please contact the Vital Records' Office.


Richard H. McCoy 
Public Health Statistics Chief 

Vermont Department of Health 
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70 
Burlington, VT  05402-0070 
Phone:  (802) 651-1862 
Fax:  (802) 865-7701 

Patrick G. Cummings, 
Public Health Analyst 
Vital Records - Health Surveillance, 
Department of Health, 
Vermont Agency of Human Services 
P.O. Box 70, 108 Cherry Street 
Burlington, VT 05402-9962 
PH: (802) 863-7301 
E-mail: [log in to unmask] 


This email message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete this email message from your computer.