Bennington pays for working at the polls, BCA appeals and abatement meetings, and inspections but not mileage.  We pay $9.50 an hour.  Meetings are paid for a 2 hour minimum.

Cassandra J. Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT  05201
(802) 442-1043
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Paying BCA members?

Hi all,


I’m interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend meetings/work at polls/etc.  Barre City currently pays minimum wage for workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don’t pay for attendance at tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.


Please share with me what your community does.




Carol D


Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

Barre City Hall

6 N. Main St., Suite 6

PO Box 418

Barre, VT  05641

(802) 476-0242

(802) 476-0264 fax