Westford pays BCA Members are paid $20/1-6 hrs or $40/6+ hrs at elections, and $10.00/meeting (grievance appeals, abatement, checklist maintenance, etc.)

Non-BCA poll workers are paid $8.00/hr. unless the person is a town employee, in which case he/she is paid their normal hourly wage

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Paying BCA members?

Hi all,

I’m interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend meetings/work at polls/etc.  Barre City currently pays minimum wage for workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don’t pay for attendance at tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.

Please share with me what your community does.

Thanks,

Carol D

Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer