Brattleboro pays BCA members minimum wage for their time regardless of the purpose.....elections, all meetings, tax appeal inspections and even time spent report writing for appeal inspection committees.  We do not pay mileage.  Election workers other than BCA members are paid the same.

FYI - Most JPs here charge between $65 -$100 for weddings....more for an elaborate service that also includes a rehearsal.

Annette Cappy
[log in to unmask]
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Carol Dawes 
  To: [log in to unmask] 
  Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:17 AM
  Subject: Paying BCA members?

  Hi all,

  I'm interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend meetings/work at polls/etc.  Barre City currently pays minimum wage for workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don't pay for attendance at tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.

  Please share with me what your community does.


  Carol D

  Carolyn S. Dawes

  Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

  Barre City Hall

  6 N. Main St., Suite 6

  PO Box 418

  Barre, VT  05641

  (802) 476-0242

  (802) 476-0264 fax