How can you not pay minimum wage?
-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Bobbi Brimblecombe
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Paying BCA members?

we pay for everything - $4.00 per hour.

At 10:17 AM 9/18/2009, you wrote:
Hi all,
I�m interested in information from communities who pay BCA members to attend meetings/work at polls/etc. 
Barre City currently pays minimum wage for workers at the polls (both BCA and non), but we don�t pay for attendance at tax appeals, inspections, board of abatement appeals or mileage.
Please share with me what your community does.
Carol D
Carolyn S. Dawes
City Clerk/Treasurer
Barre City Hall
6 N. Main St., Suite 6
PO Box
Barre, VT  05641
(802) 476-0242
(802) 476-0264 fax

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658
(802) 426-3305
[log in to unmask]