________________________________

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara Haskins
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Indexing civil marriage licenses

I know that there has been a lot of discussion surrounding indexing of
the civil marriages on index cards, but I have not read anything about
general indexes.  We are a hospital town and do not use index cards for
our vitals, we just use general index books.  The index pages have
bridge and groom on top of different colored pages.  Does anyone else
only use the general index books?  We have received back our first Sept
marriage license already and are trying to figure out how to index it.
We called Marotti's but they have not created any new pages or general
index books.

Thanks,

Sara Haskins,

Assistant  Town Clerk Morristown