After the overwhelming enthusiasm for HP laptops expressed here in my
query regarding a proposed switch from Dell, we purchased 55 of the HP
model 6735b. So far, we are very pleased with them - both the price and
the performance.  So, thanks again for your help.

We are not replacing many desktops this year, but I do need to purchase a
few.  Again, I'm pretty happy with the quality of the Optiplex systems
we've used over the years (I've bought nothing but Optiplex desktops since
the spring of '96), and their support continues to be fairly good, but,
when I was looking for laptops, I couldn't seem to find a salesperson who
wanted to sell me anything.  I may give Dell another chance, but, just in
case I get blown off again:  anyone out there care to offer an endorsement
of another make of desktop?

-Vince

Vincent Rossano
Information Technology Director