-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: elmo/computer/projector

I posted a similar question but it sounds like few among us are doing it...
Ideally the cameras will "pass through" the computer VGA output, but they
dumb down the resolution to 800x600. Two VGA inputs to projector is
cumbersome and many projectors don't have it. S-Video from camera is an
option, but image quality is degraded. An alternative may be to run two
cables to the projector and switch it there. I am looking into dedicated
video switching boxes: 2 input, one output with XGA (1024x768) minimum
resolution for all signals.

Good luck - any additional tips out there?

Eric

on 9/3/09 3:41 PM, Jean Campbell wrote:

> Hi All,
> As we are rolling out more Elmo/Pojector/Laptops combos to our teachers,
the
> request has come up for a "splitter" so that you don't have to unplug
anything
> when you want to switch from computer to elmo.  Anyone know of such a
thing?
> Thanks, Jean
>

> Jean Campbell
> CESU Technology Support
> 211 Browns Trace
> Jericho, VT 05465
> Phone: 802-858-1726
>

> This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational
> Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains student
information
> and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please
notify
> the sender. Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail
without
> reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.