Quoting Rick Mallon <[log in to unmask]>:

> Is anyone doing something like this. I'm thinking Skype might work, but
> would require a decent video camera. - RickM

I've had good luck with a run of the mill usb camera ... most have VGA
or better resolution, are dirt cheap, and work with practically
anything. (I suspect that pre-USB standards were running into problems
that were typical of computers of that generation ... slow CPU, poor
video, etc.) ...

... if you have a macbook with a built in web cam, you would be
surprised at what you can do over wifi ... we've run Skype sessions
from US to Mexico, where the Mexican end was using a satellite
internet link ... (Skype was the only thing that was able to get
through the piles of fire walls :) )

Steve