Skype is great - we had a 1/2 class keep in touch with a classmate traveling
in Peru last spring. Sometimes a little choppy (bandwidth on their end, I
suspect), but considering WHAT we were doing it was phenomenal! We have also
done interviews via Skype. Free software, cheap camera & mic. Done.

Eric

on 9/23/09 12:20 PM, Rick Mallon wrote:

> Here is one from my Special Services director:
>
> "Can we create a live feed from one classroom to another classroom? We would
> like to be able to have some student's in XXXX's room watching the
> instruction in YYYY's room. This would facilitate the need for XXXX to be
> able to talk to the students she has without interrupting the class YYYY
> has. We have also talked about using this for in-school suspensions. What
> would it take?"
>
> Is anyone doing something like this. I'm thinking Skype might work, but
> would require a decent video camera. - RickM
>
> Rick Mallon, Technology Coordinator, St Johnsbury School District, St
> Johnsbury, VT 05819 - www.stjsd.org
>
> "I'd rather be flying!"

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.