I am scoping out my new leopard xserve and wading through the 4 inch
thick manual using workgroup manager and server admin to set up as a
file server.
I am looking for any other schools using mac xserve to possibly visit
and see how you are configuring users and volumes.....
I am modeling my setup on previous snap linux nas box....... which had
separate volume shares  for elementary, middle, and high school with
individual student shared folders within those shares.....
There is a learning curve to mastering the xserve and I know there
have been somewhat expensive admin trainings..... I am wondering how
other schools are managing xserve and in particular if some are
delivering user home folders and prefs to client desktops via single
machine login......

If there are expert admins out there , might be interested in
contracting site visit consult to here............
thanks

John McSweeney
Cabot School Technologist