Rick,

We used Skype via a built-in laptop cam for having our Mount Mansfield
High School student actors watch the production from backstage so they
could prepare to enter stage on cue or do sound/light effects. Worked
well even in the darkened auditorium.

You may be able to get away with such a cam, but even an external can be
purchased for just $30 - $100. We used it for about a dozen staff
interviews last spring.

Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 858 - 1729
(fax) (802)899-2904
>>> Rick Mallon 09/23/09 4:50 PM >>>

Here is one from my Special Services director:
*Can we create a live feed from one classroom to another classroom? We
would like to be able to have some student*s in XXXX*s room watching the
instruction in YYYY*s room. This would facilitate the need for XXXX to
be able to talk to the students she has without interrupting the class
YYYY has. We have also talked about using this for in-school
suspensions. What would it take?*
Is anyone doing something like this. I*m thinking Skype might work, but
would require a decent video camera. * RickM
Rick Mallon, Technology Coordinator, St Johnsbury School District, St
Johnsbury, VT 05819 - www.stjsd.org
"I'd rather be flying!"
This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such information
under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
to anyone.