>Hi All,
>As we are rolling out more Elmo/Pojector/Laptops combos to our teachers,
>the request has come up for a "splitter" so that you don't have to unplug
>anything when you want to switch from computer to elmo.  Anyone know of
>such a thing?
>Thanks, Jean

We plug our Elmos directly into our computers using the USB cable &
included Elmo software.  It works like a charm, and you can even use the
SmartBoard software to "write" over things you have projected with the
Elmo.  (Bonus: by taking away the Elmo VGA cables, you now have a ton of
spare video cables.)  However, we do use a video splitter in some rooms
that don't have a laptop, just a desktop computer with a monitor.  I buy
the IOGear 2-port video splitter, model GVS92.  They do make a cheap video
Y-cables, but we found out the hard way that that only works if each cable
is only 6' long.  We have mounted projectors on 30' cables, so we need the
boosted signal that a powered video splitter provides.  These aren't too
expensive, about $50 each I believe.  The trick with these splitters is
that you do need a M/M VGA gender changer for the input line, sold
separately (at $1 each).

Melissa Hayden-Raley
IT Technician
Milton Town School District