-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Darth Vining
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: youtube

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but downloading YouTube videos is a
violation of the Terms of Service.

I haven't seen anything exempting Education from this restriction.
Unless there is a download link provided by Google the video isn't
allowed to be downloaded.

Has anyone had much success with their content filters actually
filtering YouTube's content?  Maybe if we can have some confidence that
the nasty stuff will get blocked like we want it would be an easier sell
to unblock it?

Mike

Michael Vining, SB IT Support
South Burlington School District