We have an authentication process that can be followed (teachers only). It works well. I use music resources from youtube all the time in class. The authentication allows for some "human" filtering. I preview stuff. If its good I use it. If not, it doesn't get ot the classroom.

Dave

David Tisdell. Music Teacher
Browns River Middle School
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

>>> Darth Vining <[log in to unmask]> 09/21/09 10:53 AM >>>
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but downloading YouTube videos is a
violation of the Terms of Service.

I haven't seen anything exempting Education from this restriction.
Unless there is a download link provided by Google the video isn't
allowed to be downloaded.

Has anyone had much success with their content filters actually
filtering YouTube's content? Maybe if we can have some confidence that
the nasty stuff will get blocked like we want it would be an easier sell
to unblock it?

Mike

Michael Vining, SB IT Support
South Burlington School District