I've found that if you contact the video's creator they will usually allow download access for educational purposes.  I use Miro to download the videos to my machine.  Be advised that Miro, by default, wants to delete downloaded videos after 2 weeks.  You have to change this setting if you want to keep the content longer than 2 weeks.  This may be their version of a workaround the YouTube terms of service.

Drew
----