We use Ning at Winooski, but primarily as a resource for teachers.  We use the same arguments and guidelines as for wikis, i.e. it be accessible to all staff for review, it be an "invitation only" area, etc.

Few, if any, have any interest in Ning, especially since it's only been demonstrated for pedagogical purposes.

Drew