Rick,

We used Skype via a built-in laptop cam for having our Mount Mansfield High School student actors watch the production from backstage so they could prepare to enter stage on cue or do sound/light effects.  Worked well even in the darkened auditorium.

You may be able to get away with such a cam, but even an external can be purchased for just $30 - $100.  We used it for about a dozen staff interviews last spring.

Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 858 - 1729
(fax) (802)899-2904

>>> Rick Mallon <[log in to unmask]>09/23/09 4:50 PM >>>

Here is one from my Special Services director:

?Can we create a live feed from one classroom to another classroom? We would like to be able to have some student?s in XXXX?s room watching the instruction in YYYY?s room. This would facilitate the need for XXXX to be able to talk to the students she has without interrupting the class YYYY has. We have also talked about using this for in-school suspensions. What would it take??

Is anyone doing something like this. I?m thinking Skype might work, but would require a decent video camera. ? RickM

Rick Mallon, Technology Coordinator, St Johnsbury School District, St Johnsbury, VT 05819 - www.stjsd.org

"I'd rather be flying!"