There have been so many great resources and systems that have come and gone in Vermont, often taking thousands of development hours of content with them, I wonder if there would be a way to integrate this effort with Vtcite.org?

Steve Barner
South Burlington Schools

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Internet Safety Curriculum

Hi Everyone,

I'm working in this area right now (I would like it to be my capstone project for graduate degree at Marlboro College's MAT program).  The idea is to create a Vermont statewide resource/website for educators and parents, link it to schools in Vermont, follow the Vermont standards, and improve where necessary.  The website will include videos, lesson plans, and worksheets on Internet Safety, Cyberbullying, Posting, Sexting, Security, Ethics, and whatever else we come up with.

The website will be completely free; there will be no charge to anyone for anything (I'm sure we can get someone to donate server space).
Too many canned programs charge, and when we get them, we modify the lessons anyway.  Our technology issues are changing so quickly, it would be great to have an immediate lesson or video available to teach about the latest issue.  If we pool our resources, I'm certain this can be achieved.

If you would like to contribute or help with the website, that would be great!  We could have the prototype up an running by this year's conference at Killington.

Jon

--

Technology Integrator
The St. Johnsbury Elementary School