Everyone,

It was great to get such enthusistic responses on and off the board.
Thank You!  I agree with Peter and Steve that the Vtcite would be the
place for the information to live.  We need to keep the information
access local to Vermont if we are truly creating a place for Vermont
internet safety standards and lessons.  Of course we're happy to share
with other states!    If we can get access fairly quickly to a section
of the VTsite that would be great. If the VTcite is not comfortable in
giving access to non employees... I understand. Several providers have
offered us a place.   I'm not trying to jump the gun here.... As a
group, we already have our ideas and lesson plans... and we live in
the information age...  As most of us can create a website in 5
minutes or less....It would be nice to have a prototype set up and
ready to go.  At the conference we could further refine the website
design and add new information.  Maybe the powers that be... can set
us up a booth or classroom.   I would  be happy to be one of the
moderators or chief notetaker.

Ideas to start (Feel free to add)

I would really like to keep this website effort specifically organized
toward cyber safety at all grade levels.

Group of administrators to design the sections of the site (Please let
me know what you would like to do).

Each administrator assigned to a section of the site.

An easy way for all teachers to link or upload lessons.

Website Design based on specific internet safety subjects for headers
as many lessons are appropriate for more than one age level.
Examples:  Internet Safety, Cyberbullying, Posting, Sexting, Security, Ethics,

Most Importantly:  Lessons and videos (permission to use outside
resources where necessary).

Technology Lessons for low tech classrooms (not everyone has the
access to technology... but we need to address internet safety in
these classrooms as well)
A legal disclaimer?

Peter also noted that we might be able to get some grants?  We could
discuss how to use the "possible grant money" to keep the website
current.

Also,  Kathy G. mentioned student generated PSA 's.  Student learning
at it's best.   Heather mentioned "acceptable use policies"  every
district has policies posted.  This site would give us the opportuntiy
to see in one place what  acceptable use policies other districts are
using and how we might address our own specific or new situations.