Jon ... thanks for this link and this work in thinking about this
issue on a statewide basis.

In previous posts, there's been a question about how we might be able
to use vtcite.org as a place for holding this kind of curriculum
content.

There are a couple of ideas that come to my mind.  Vtcite.org now has
a link to Global Classroom and space to create Moodle courses.  If
someone were interested in creating a Moodle "course," it could live
here perhaps.  If anyone is interested in developing this, please
contact me and I will investigate this further.

Another idea is that the content become a separate tab on vtcite.org
-- similar to what happens now when you click on the User Guide tab
at vtcite.org.  Again, we'll need some one to take ownership of
creating the materials that reside here.

Third, any outside resource can be added (by anyone) to the VTcite
public resources database and tagged "internetsafety."  Thus, any
resource with this tag will be easy to locate.

If there's an interest in creating a forum on this topic, we will be
glad to create one.  We would need someone who volunteers to take the
lead on initiating discussion.

So ... some ideas to think about.

Best, Sandy
===

On Sep 15, 2009, at 1:04 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Again, thanks for the continuing positive thoughts and comments.  I
> hope to respond to all of them in the next day or two.  Here is a
> mock-up  page on wordpress about the process of getting this started.
> This was a plan I set up in June 09 for my class "Managing Change"
> when I first contacted Peter about the possiblility of an internet
> safety website.  I have not created a survey yet... but it's coming.
> I know you all have busy schedules especially at this time of year. It
> would be great if everyone could take a look at the plan and add their
> thoughts. http://stjsd1.wordpress.com/mock-up-page/
>
> Jon
>

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Ed Barry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> In order to stay in compliance with the “Protecting Children in
>> the 21st
>> Century Act” [Title II of the “Broadband Data Improvement Act,” we
>> are
>> reviewing our Internet Safety curriculum.  Presently we use iSafe
>> which
>> has always been free.  It appears that they are now charging for it.
>>
>> Just wondering what others are using and if anyone has something they
>> think highly of and would recommend.  We are looking for a fairly
>> comprehensive K-12 curriculum.
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>>
>> Ed
>>

>> Ed Barry
>> Director of Information Technology Services
>> Milton Town School District
>> 42 Herrick Avenue
>> Milton, VT  05468
>> (802)893-3210  FAX 893-3227

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
>> attachments, is
>> for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
>> confidential
>> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
>> disclosure, or
>> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
>> please
>> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies
>> of the

==

Sandra A. Lathem, Ed. D.
Program Coordinator, Educational Technology Sequence
University of Vermont
533 Waterman Bldg
Burlington, Vermont 05405

(Cell) 802-310-0374