Sept. 29, 2009

   To:       UVM Students, Staff and Faculty

   Fr:        Jon Porter, M.D., Director for the Center of Health and Wellbeing
            Annie Stevens, Assistant Vice-President and EOC Director

   Re:       Influenza update

    As you know, we have been communicating regularly with our campus
community about preparing for a difficult flu season with the
re-emergence of the H1N1 Influenza. The University is well prepared to
meet the needs of our community.

With a recent confirmation of a documented case of H1N1 within our
community, we are taking the opportunity to remind everyone about the
importance of staying informed and following all the health
recommendations. While it is practically impossible to stop the spread
of influenza viruses on our campus, the impact on individuals and
operations can be greatly reduced by taking these effective steps:

**    receive the vaccines;

**    wash your hands regularly;

**    cough or sneeze into your sleeve;

**    get adequate rest and nutrition.

Please visit the university?s emergency information website at
www.uvm.edu/emergency[1] for more detailed information.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.uvm.edu/emergency