The University of Vermont

Center for Health and Wellbeing

Sept. 29, 2009

To:       UVM Students, Staff and Faculty

Fr:        Jon Porter, M.D., Director for the Center of Health and Wellbeing
            Annie Stevens, Assistant Vice-President and EOC Director

Re:       Influenza update

 As you know, we have been communicating regularly with our campus community about preparing for a difficult flu season with the re-emergence of the H1N1 Influenza. The University is well prepared to meet the needs of our community.

With a recent confirmation of a documented case of H1N1 within our community, we are taking the opportunity to remind everyone about the importance of staying informed and following all the health recommendations. While it is practically impossible to stop the spread of influenza viruses on our campus, the impact on individuals and operations can be greatly reduced by taking these effective steps:

**    receive the vaccines;

**    wash your hands regularly;

**    cough or sneeze into your sleeve;

**    get adequate rest and nutrition.