As I recall, the view along rt. 11 was not that attractive to start with.  The windmills sure look a lot nicer than the massive power lines that run through there.
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miguel Naughton
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Bolton Valley Wind Turbine

Yeah, the proposed Bolton windmill is a tiny toy.  As noted in the article,
they were concerned about complaints from the neighbors.

This is too bad.  IMHO, single windmills are attractive.  In Toronto, they
have two moderate sized windmills right on the lakefront.  And they look
good, and make you feel good.  I think a larger windmill for Bolton would
have worked fine.

OTOH, windfarms are not particularly attractive.  On one of my return
routes from VT, I drive along US 11 through extreme northern NY.  There's
a full-sized windfarm by Chateaugay.  You can see it from 20 miles.  It
looks industrial and out of place.  The beauty of a single windmill is lost
when you have 20, some going faster than the other (or not turning at
all).  It's too bad, but I do understand why people complain.

Mig