I was asked to summarize the responses I received on this question.
Here are the responses. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I always used CINAHL through Ovid until Ebsco went sole source and we
were all stuck with their format. Last I heard, Nursing@Ovid didn't
index as many titles.

Well, for one, the EBSCO search interface is lousy and not easy to use!
Can you just get the Nursing @Ovid w/out full text or do they offer
other journals that EBSCO CINAHL doesn't? Our consortium is adding
Nursing@Ovid in addition to EBSCO CINAHL w/full text because of
librarian dissatisfaction with EBSCO CINAHL and for ease of use by
patrons.  By the way, as a hospital librarian, I really like EBSCO's
Nursing Reference Center and use it instead of EBSCO CINAHL (same
essential content but with additional resources such as quick lessons,
CE and Evidence Based Care Sheets).

Ovid is better since it has numerous standard journals from LWW on the
list such as AJN, Nursing, MCN, Cardiac Nursing, and even Nursing Made
Increadibly easy which is a great teaching tool for the nurse as well as
the consumer since it is easy to understand.    Also it has some others
that you might be able to stop the print and just get the online access.

If you only need a title comparison, all the titles included in CINAHL
Plus with Full-Text are listed at
http://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/rw-coverage.pdf

And all the titles in the Ovid collections are in the links below (I
included all four but it sounds like you only need Ovid Nursing
Full-Text Plus, the last one below):

Ovid Essential Nursing Collection
<http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/Group/884.jsp?top=2&mid=3&bottom=7&sub
section=12>
Ovid Nursing Collection I
<http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/Group/883.jsp?top=2&mid=3&bottom=7&sub
section=12>
Ovid Nursing Collection II: Lippincott Premier Nursing Journals
<http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/Group/878.jsp?top=2&mid=3&bottom=7&sub
section=12>
Ovid Nursing Full Text Plus
<http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/Group/4217.jsp?top=2&mid=3&bottom=7&su
bsection=12>

I did just that before I switched.

It's not better than CINAHL, mostly cheaper.  But... for two months I
did all my nursing searches in both databases.  Overall, CINAHL produced
about one additional useful article per search, and most of them were
retrievable in Ovid by tweaking the search strategy.  I say "useful"
because while CINAHL does include more material, there's a whole lot of
dissertations, theses, and throwaways that are either unobtainable or
not helpful.  In general, then, the content of CINAHL was very
marginally "better" than Ovid.

I hated hated HATED the Ebsco CINAHL interface.  Yes, I had demoes, I
had trials, I had special training sessions, and I still hated it.  Most
features I asked about ("Can I sort by journal title?" for example), the
answer was, umm, no, it doesn't do that.   I didn't want to have to
learn and then TEACH an whole new interface (and a crummy one) to our
nurses, who at least were used to Ovid if not expert.

I was also put off by Ebsco's full-text content.  They boast of hundreds
of full text journals, but don't tell you that LOTS of them are old,
partial runs (1992-1996, etc.), that there are many obscure and useless
titles, and there are no LWW full text titles (no Nursing Management, no
JONA), so it's not such a great offering.

The indexing in Nursing@Ovid sucks big time.  You cannot focus.  You
cannot apply subheadings, so there is no useful way to search, for
example, management of stroke.  And the application of subject headings
is just really, really terrible - it is clearly automated and no human
brain has been applied.  I have discussed this repeatedly with Ovid, and
shown them multiple examples where the wrong heading (per their own
scope notes, when they have any) has been applied, or the obviously
appropriate one has not.  This is the one database where I frequently
have better luck / retrieval using the Basic search (or combinations of
keywords) and skip trying to use subject headings.

So it's a mixed bag.  For the difference in price, for the convenience
of a familiar interface, comparable content, and the established links
with our existing full text, I went with Ovid and put up with the
dreadful indexing.  Not altogether happy with it, but there you are.

 I think you are going to be comparing Apples and Oranges. I have both
databases.  Ovid Nursing Journals and Medline along side of Ebsco's

CINAHL.   It would be on basis of what journals your patron base

desires.  Since we have the School of Nursing both databases serves us
quite well and each database can be linked to the other's full text
collection.

Lou

Lou Miller, Medical Librarian

Riverside Healthcare System