I'm very surprised that Javascript gets left out in the cold once
again. Perhaps because the original article was written before many
people were seriously looking at Javascript as a useful language,
despite how widespread it is (there are more instances of Javascript
compiler/interpreters than any other compiler ever made). The author
also conflates object-orientation with classical inheritance: nobody
would argue that Javascript is not object-oriented, but it does not
support traditional polymorphism or classical inheritance.

Javascript offers a garbage collector, exception handling, object-
oriented programming, functional programming and a highly-expressive
syntax. It doesn't offer static type checking, but mainly because
there are few real types in Javascript (those are Number, String, and
Object) and deep type checking (checking what kind of object an object
is) isn't part of the "Javascript way." Javascript instead relies on
feature checking instead. It's the difference between asking "Is this
a car? (And therefore I know it has wheels)" and asking "Does this
thing have wheels?" In Javascript, not all objects of similar kind
implement the same sets of methods because instance methods can be
added, removed, or modified at run time by other parts of the code. In
this context it would be unsafe to statically check the type of an
object and make assumptions about its structure as a result; in the
Javascript world, not all cars have wheels, so statically determining
if an object is of type "car" means nothing.

Nick