I have discussed with Dr. John Cohn to provide a lecture on his design
experience on the show the Colony (check it out - Discover
network  - you may be able to watch a stored episode). during the show,
clean water was a key challenge with the group building
both a sand filter, and also an ozone-ator.

John, is a very knowledgeable scientist / engineer including being a
Distinguished, IBM Fellow, and Master Inventor. He has a very broad
contact base of artisan, craftsmen/ladies, and volunteer groups (he
provides key support to both the Echo center and the Haunted
Forest, along with participation in a large build at  this year's Burning
Man's festival.

So, I am thinking a UVM lecture, sponsored by the EWB, with a broader
audience, but,, used the slot, to also promote the current
activities of the group.

John is excited to begin some form of association with EWB.

regards,
Sebastian Ventrone

Senior Technical Staff Member
CMOS Foundry Logic/Foundry IP Chair