Fellow UVMers,

Halloween is coming up and I hope that everyone has a great time whether that is celebrating the holiday or completely ignoring the day.  I would like to draw your attention to the events below that are being hosted by the Office of Student and Community Affairs which are in place to educate students about our responsibilities as Burlington community members on the weekends and another is to provide the opportunity to help clean-up the streets after this Halloween weekend.  Take a look at the dates and times below in the list of weekly events and I would encourage you to participate in at least one of them if not both.

As I mentioned last week, the Board of Trustees convened this past weekend and discussed many important topics including the Greening of Aiken project, budget issues, General Education, and the US-Sino Pathway Program.  I think there is a lot of material that students should be aware of and the SGA will be undergoing thorough analysis of these items.  I am working on providing a short summary of the action items that were voted on and will be letting you know when it is available on our website for you to feast your eyes on.

Please read the emails that are sent to you from either Dr. Jon Porter or the Administration on the topic of H1N1.  There are new developments each day around the virus and UVM can only do so much as the CDC and other agencies are allowing, but it is important that you know the resources that the university has ready for you in case of catching the H1N1 virus.

I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the festivities of All Hallows’ Eve!!

Best,

Bryce

--------
From the SGA President's email this week:

-UVM Hillel Community Service Opportunity – Tuesdays
-Tibet Festival - Saturday, October 24
-UVM Program Board Battle of the Bands: FINAL TRYOUTS - Friday, October 30
-Pre-Halloween Party - Saturday, October 31
-UVM Clean Energy Fund Q&A Info Session for Applicants - Monday, November 2
-Diwali Night - Saturday, November 7
-Office of Student & Community Relations Events: Halloween Clean up, Weatherization Workshop, Off-Campus Living Workshops
-Salsa Dance - Friday, November 13
-Mortar Board Bake Sale - Monday, December 7
-Wicked Wednesdays, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Candy Shop, and MORE!
-This Week in Vermont Athletics
-Vermont Research Awards

For more information on these items please visit http://www.uvm.edu/sga/?Page=campuswide/default.html

--------
Important Message from Ski & Snowboard Club:

Hey snowheads,
Three important Ski&Snowboard Club DEADLINES to be aware of:

Looking to have the best winter break of all time?  Sign up for the annual JACKSON HOLE trip by THIS FRIDAY! Spend the first year of 2010 in shred mecca with all your friends!
Trip info & signup at http://trips.skigroup.net/uvm10

--Discounted season pass sales--
Stowe Pass: $375 until THIS FRIDAY
Sugarbush: $289 until THIS FRIDAY
Triple Major: $269 until NOV 4TH

Our table will be outside the DC all week, and Thursday & Friday night 5-9pm in the Rosa Parks Room (next to Brennan's).

Contact Calvin for more info at [log in to unmask]

--------
SGA Matters:

The University of Vermont Student Government Association will be hosting a Veteran’s Day Celebration on Wednesday, November 11th from 9am-11am in the Waterman Memorial Lounge.  This event is open to the public.

The celebration will include student and Veteran speakers, letters from local, state, and federal representatives, a message of gratitude from the undergraduate student body, in addition to a token of appreciation for the Veterans that have served our country.

All students, staff, faculty, and members of the community are encouraged to attend this event, and support the individuals who have made the life we live possible.

Today’s SGA Meeting
-Tuesday, October 27th at 7:00PM in the Livak Ballroom

Public Forum Guests
-Beth Walsh, President of Staff Council

New Business
-Amendment to Operational Documents-SGA Rules and Regulations

For more facts on the SGA or if you are curious about your representatives visit www.uvm.edu/sga!!!

--
Bryce Jones
President