----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Tracy Lerman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:16 PM
Subject: [ODAIRY] Farmer Respondents Needed for Survey on EQIP Organic Initiative (with a readable font size)

Hello again,

I realized after sending this email yesterday that the font size used required a magnifying glass or Superwoman-quality eyesight for many email programs. So I am resending yesterday’s email in a bigger font. And an extra plea for you to send this survey to your vast networks of farmers. The survey responses will be completely confidential, which is now noted in the email below.

OFRF is conducting a survey of farmers to collect feedback on the NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program Organic Initiative. Please help us out by forwarding the email below to your networks of farmers. If you have any questions, please contact me at (831) 426-6606 x 108 or at [log in to unmask].

Thanks!
Tracy Lerman
OFRF Policy Organizer

Give us Your Comments on the EQIP Organic Initiative
Complete our Short Survey Today

Last spring, the United States Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) created a special initiative as a part of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program. This initiative, called the Organic Initiative, provides financial and technical assistance to agriculture producers who want to improve their organic operations or transition land to organic production.

Now that sign-up for the program is over, OFRF is collecting feedback from farmers on the EQIP Organic Initiative. We want to hear from all farmers, not just those who have an EQIP Organic Initiative contract. We want to hear from conventional and organic producers; from producers who applied to the Organic Initiative and those who didn’t. Whether or not you received a contract through the EQIP Organic Initiative, please help us make it better by providing your feedback on this short survey. All survey responses will be confidential.

Click here to fill out our survey on the 2009 EQIP Organic Initiative.

OFRF will use the feedback on the 2009 Organic Initiative to provide recommendations to NRCS to make the 2010 Initiative work better for farmers. This survey is only the first step in gathering farmer feedback on the initiative. OFRF will continue to facilitate growers’ feedback to NRCS in order to improve the program in the future.

In order for us to get data to NRCS in time to affect the 2010 Organic Initiative, this survey will only be available until November 10. Please fill it out today.

Click here to fill out our survey on the 2009 EQIP Organic Initiative.

If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Lerman, OFRF Policy Organizer at (831) 426-6606 x 108 or [log in to unmask]

Join the Organic Farmers Action Network today.

[ Privacy Policy]
Organic Farming Research Foundation, 303 Potrero St. #29-203, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
tel. 831-426-6606, [log in to unmask], www.ofrf.org.