Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
csmith33 at at at jhmi.edu
(410) 550-7958

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jbruman MedLibrarian
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 8:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PubMed preview

Dana,

Amen to all your comments.  These are important features for efficient searching.  I think the "published in the last" is absolutely critical as a LIMIT rather than part of the search string; not only does it obscure your strategy but you also have to re-enter it every time you revise your search!  Talk about extra (wasted) time!

And to add to your comment about the Related Articles links:  it's not just that you have to click for every result to see them, the link no longer changes color like it used to, so now you can't tell whether you've already checked the Relateds for that particular cite....so when it shows up in your next set you look again....

My users already know they can Google-search PubMed; this will drive them off in droves.

J. Bruman, Library Manager Natividad Medical Center P.O. Box 81611, Salinas CA 93912-1611 831-755-4316 831-758-3082 fax [log in to unmask]

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/