I haven't heard much about the new gliding baseplate Eagles, but they look
intriguing.  No reviews on Backcountry.com yet either.

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Black-Diamond-Fritschi-Diamir-Eagle-Binding/BLD0497M.html

Thoughts?

And yes, Jonathan, I read your sorta-snooty site review on the *now heavier*
new Dynafit Vertical.

Actually, it was the *only* positive comment on that binding, while there
were 56 of us great unwashed praisin' the F-Freerides, by my count.

I'd like to add that my FFrides worked like a absolute charm skinning those
10,000' volcanos at Termas de Chillan in Chile this summer.  The only
downside I have experienced was the hit to my ego watching some crampon
equipped young germans on FFRs absolutely *crush* the steepest part of the
live cone, literally scampering straight up last 200 vertical metres,
thereby beating to me to the previously empty summit in the process.

If only I would have been on Dynafits!!!

:-))
Leigh