James Dugan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>With the help of FTO:
>
> http://www.firsttracksonline.com/News/2009/9/30/Upstate-New-Yorks-Hickory
-Ski-Center-to-Reopen/

>This news excites me.  Ski season can now start.   Jimski

Me too.  I knew this was a possibility, but it looks like reality now.

A couple of things.  Isn't a $45 lift ticket a lot for a natural snow,
surface lift ski area?

Also, this is a potential problem for Magic Mountain.  Magic is suffering
already, and Hickory will probably drain away some of the Albany skiers.
Hickory is pretty easy to get to.

I look forward to a Hickory ski day this winter.  Maybe we could do a plaid
day at Hickory??

Mig