Dear all,
   We have a EuroVector EA 3000 for CN analysis. I am always concerned
about incomplete combustion after some ash piled in the combustion tube.
especially with acid fumigation samples, I use two silver capsules for each
sample.
  I heard that there is a way to remove the ash with an insert tube. I am
wondering if anyone has experience on that. We have a few tubes in the lab. I
think that they are insert tubes. 22cm long, transparent glass, thin wall, 4
slots on one end. But there is nothing to tell me how to use them. the end
with slots should be on the top or the bottom. etc.
   I could also buy some new ones if someone can tell me which kind fit my
instrument. etc.
   appreciate any suggestion.

Yanhua Feng
New Mexico State University