I am having the same difficulty :(

-Laurie

[log in to unmask]" height="27" width="141">
Laurie M. Gelles | Director of Technology
College of Education & Social Services, UVM
309 Waterman Building, 85 So. Prospect St., Burlington VT 05405
V 802.656.9605 | F 802.656.0855

Tyler Whitney wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Oh, and I just typed "root" by accident, as I was logging into a personally managed mysql database server right before, so disregard that I tried to use it in this user... it obviously is the file missing and not who I'm logging in as based on the message, it was just as an example.

Tyler Whitney wrote:
Something wrong with the mysql command on Zoo? Looks like the file is missing:

zoo> mysql -u root -p -h webdb.uvm.edu
/usr/local/local_dfs/bin/mysql: Missing file or filesystem.

This is from my departmental account, as myself I simply get:

tjwhitne@zoo ~> mysql -u rlweb -p -h webdb.uvm.edu
-bash: mysql: command not found

:( hopefully it can be resolved rather timely, as I use command like to manipulate all my tables, etc. Much easier than using some of the GUI's I've found... for certain tasks anyway.

Tyler