There's also a setup log file that the ESET install will generate, it
may be worth checking there to see what it says the problem is.

I'm drawing a blank on the exact path to find said log file though...  I
see the problem with the installer so rarely I usually just browse
around for it.  I think the temp directory perhaps.  Hopefully someone
else can chime in with that.

-Bryan