The log file does go in the %temp% directory.  You can type "%TEMP%"
into your explorer bar rather than wading around for the exact
location.  The files that will be generated are "NOD32PreInst.log" and
"NOD32Inst.log".  "PreInst" are actions performed for the cheesy batch
script that I wrote, and likely are the source of your problem.  The
NOD32Inst.log file is generated Microsoft's MSI engine, which is used by
the NOD32 installer proper.

If you do end up having a look at the logs, let me know the last couple
of lines reported so that I can see where the installer is hanging.

-Greg Mackinnon