For ArcGIS I enrolled UVM in the ESRI Development Center (EDC) program.  UVM
affiliates are allowed to install ArcGIS on personal computers providing
they are under the supervision of UVM EDC personnel
(http://www.uvm.edu/~gis/?Page=EDC.html).  Please let me know if you have
any questions.

--

Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne